Welcome New Patients!
NEW PATIENT FORMS
509 Olive Way #1658
Seattle, WA 98101
Metered street parking is available. There are several parking lots available nearby.
The Medical Dental Building parking entrance is on 6th.
The Pacific place garage is right next door and offers self-park rates and valet.
The Merulli Acupuncture & Wellness clinic location is served by Sound Transit Link Light Rail and buses, King County Metro, the Seattle Center Monorail and the South Lake Union Streetcar.
PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT
To allow the full time for your session, please complete your new patient forms in advance of your appointment. During your first appointment we will sit down together and conduct a comprehensive health history evaluation and formulate your treatment plan.
I feel it’s important to address all facets of your health to ascertain the root cause and achieve the best treatment outcome. This will include an exam of your tongue and pulse and diagnostic information you provide. I will then administer your treatment and allow you to rest comfortably on the table. Your questions are always welcome.
Your initial exam and treatment lasts 75 minutes and follow up treatments are 45-60 minutes.
FINANCIAL & PAYMENT INFORMATION
Payment is due at the time of service, unless otherwise arranged. Cash, credit cards, checks, Google Pay, Apple Pay and HSA/Health benefit cards are welcome forms of payment. Membership Programs are also available to you.
- Don’t stress about insurance! I will help you figure it out and I offer membership programs if you don’t have insurance and when your benefits are maxed.
- Insurance plans based in Washington State offer some acupuncture benefits.
- The number of visits covered varies by plan and some plans have annual limits.
- Out of state plans and self-insured plans may or may not cover acupuncture.
- Most health plans do not cover cosmetic, relaxation or wellness treatments.
- L&I/workers compensation will cover acupuncture for low back pain only. (updated 4/2021)
- The Veteran’s Administration now covers acupuncture.
- Please verify your coverage for acupuncture with your insurance plan.
- If you have any questions about your coverage or the cost of treatments at my clinic please let me know.
Contracted/in network provider/preferred status with the following insurance companies (Updated 1/2022):
- AMbetter/Coordinated Care
- CHPW/Apple Health Community Health Plan of WA
- First Choice Health Network
- Optum Health
- United HealthCare
- Uniform Medical Plan
- L&I Acupuncture for back pain only; Need open claim and referral from doctor. Its easy.
- PIP – Personal Injury Protection insurance for motor vehicle accidents. I am happy to bill PIP on your behalf.
FOR BEST RESULTS
While undergoing acupuncture treatment, you will benefit most by limiting use of caffeine, cigarettes, alcohol and other drugs so that you can optimize your body’s ability to regain balance. Please have a light meal or snack and drink some water before your treatments.
Please wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing. Most acupuncture points used are located on the lower arms and legs, hands and feet, so clothing is rolled up to access the points. If an article of clothing needs to be removed, sheets and blankets are provided to keep you warm and preserve your modesty. For the comfort of others, please avoid the use of fragrances during your treatments.
After your treatment, take good care of yourself and allow your body and mind to assimilate the treatment. If possible, wait at least an hour to eat a full meal.
It is helpful if you keep track of any changes or reactions you are experiencing with your treatments. Examples are a change in energy level, sleep, feeling cooler or warmer, decrease in pain level or change in location of pain, and changes in mental/emotional states.
New patients and current patients, please feel free to ask questions at anytime.
24 HOUR CANCELLATION POLICY:
Please be advised that no-shows and cancellations with less than 24 hours notice are charged the full fee of services booked.
Your appointment time has been reserved specifically for you. Your health and wellness are important and compliance to your individually tailored treatment plan is necessary for optimum results. If you need to reschedule, kindly give at least 24 hours notice.