Please prepare for your visit with the patient info and forms below.
L&I Labor & Industries Forms:
Please submit patient record requests via email to: Records Request
Or you may mail the form to:
Merulli Acupuncture & Wellness
509 Olive Way # 1658
Seattle, WA 98101
509 Olive Way #1658
Seattle, WA 98101
Metered street parking is available. There are several parking lots available nearby.
The Medical Dental Building parking entrance is on 6th.
The Pacific place garage is right next door and offers self-park rates and valet.
The Merulli Acupuncture & Wellness clinic location is served by Sound Transit Link Light Rail and buses, King County Metro, the Seattle Center Monorail and the South Lake Union Streetcar.
PLANNING YOUR FIRST VISIT
During your first appointment we will sit down together and conduct a comprehensive health history evaluation and formulate your treatment plan.
I feel it’s important to address all facets of your health to ascertain the root cause and achieve the best treatment outcome. This will include an exam of your tongue and pulse and diagnostic information you provide. I will then administer your treatment and allow you to rest comfortably on the table.
Your initial exam and treatment lasts 75 minutes and follow up treatments are 45-60 minutes.
FINANCIAL & PAYMENT INFORMATION
Payment is due at the time of service, unless otherwise arranged. Cash, credit cards, checks and HSA/Health benefit cards are welcome forms of payment. Treatment packages are available.
Online payments available through paypal
- Don’t stress about insurance! I will help you figure it out and I offer treatment packages if you don’t have insurance and when your benefits are maxed.
- Insurance plans based in Washington State offer some acupuncture benefits.
- The number of visits covered varies by plan and some plans have annual limits.
- Out of state plans and self-insured plans may or may not cover acupuncture.
- Most health plans do not cover cosmetic, relaxation or wellness treatments.
- L&I/workers compensation will cover acupuncture for low back pain.
- The Veteran’s Administration now covers acupuncture.
- Please verify your coverage for acupuncture with your insurance plan.
Acupuncture & Insurance
I’m a contracted, in network, preferred provider with the following insurance companies (Updated 11/2020):
- AMbetter/Coordinated Care
- CHPW/Apple Health Community Health Plan of WA
- First Choice Health Network
- Optum Health
- United HealthCare
- Uniform Medical Plan
- L&I Acupuncture for back pain only; Need open claim and referral from doctor.
- PIP – Personal Injury Protection insurance for motor vehicle accidents. I am happy to bill PIP on your behalf.
FOR BEST RESULTS
While undergoing acupuncture treatment, you will benefit most by refraining from excessive use of caffeine, cigarettes, alcohol and other drugs so that you can optimize your body’s ability to regain balance. Please have a light meal or snack and drink some water before your treatments.
You will remain clothed during treatment so please wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing. Most acupuncture points used are located on the lower arms and legs, hands and feet, so clothing is usually rolled up to access the points. If an article of clothing needs to be removed, sheets and blankets are provided to keep you warm and preserve your modesty. For the comfort of others, please avoid the use of fragrances during your treatments.
After your treatment, take good care of yourself and allow your body and mind to assimilate the treatment. If possible, wait at least an hour to eat a full meal.
It is helpful if you keep track of any changes or reactions you are experiencing with your treatments. Examples are a change in energy level, sleep, feeling cooler or warmer, decrease in pain level or change in location of pain, and changes in mental/emotional states.
Please feel free to ask questions at anytime.
24 HOUR CANCELLATION POLICY:
Your appointment time has been reserved especially for you. Your health and wellness are important and compliance to your individually tailored treatment plan is necessary for optimum success. If you need to reschedule, kindly give at least 24 hours notice.
Please be advised that no-shows and cancellations with less than 24 hours notice are charged the full fee of services booked.