Healthy, easy dinner in 20 minutes or less.
Jump to: Shopping List | Recipe
If you enjoy quality healthy food but are very busy with not a lot of time for planning and shopping various stores, this quick easy Pad Kee Mao recipe is for you. My preferred grocery store is Trader Joe’s because they carry hard to find items and I can get in and get out quickly. Everything in this recipe is available at Trader Joe’s at the time of this publishing.
Pad Kee Mao Shopping List:
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s frozen raw shrimp. (pre-cooked isn’t good; trust me)
- 1 package of fermented chili paste-Gochujang
- 1 package of cilantro
- 1 package of green onions or scallions
- 1 package of fresh brown beech mushrooms
- 1 package of nappa cabbage or other precut cabbage
- bottle of fish sauce
- bottle of coconut aminos
- sesame oil
- rice noodles or other noodles of your choice
Quick Easy Pad Kee Mao Sauce
- 1T Fish Sauce
- 3T Coconut aminos
- 2-3T Gochujang
- 2T water
- Boil your noodles, strain and toss with 1T of sesame oil and set aside.
- Thaw and rinse the shrimp and strain out water and pat dry.
- Add 2T sesame oil in a wok or fry skillet and heat to medium high.
- Toss in shrimp and cook until slightly opaque, then remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add 1T sesame oil to skillet heat
- Separate beech mushrooms from bundle and fry them until golden.
- Toss in 1/2 bag of cabbage and stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Toss in shrimp and noodles.
- In a small bowl or coffee cup, combine the fish sauce, coconut aminos, Gochujang and water.
- Pour sauce into wok and add chives or green onions.
- Serve and garnish with cilantro, salt and pepper and enjoy your quick easy Pad Kee Mao!
Always feel free to use what you have on hand and make substitutions based on your preferences or food sensitivities.
Questions? Comments? Contact me here.