#Glutenfree, #Lectinfree, #Vegan, #Paleo #Dairyfree
The health benefits of pumpkin are numerous:
- High fiber keeps you fuller longer, aiding weight loss
- Rich in L-Tryptophan, which promotes better sleep and also helps with depression and mood
- High in potassium
- Antioxidants protect skin
- Vitamin A improves vision, nourishes skin and bones.
- Aids in digestion
- Reduces phlegm
NOURISHING PUMPKIN CURRY SOUP
This rich and dreamy soup will warm up your core and provide prefect nutrition for your family. Feel free to enjoy throughout the Fall/Winter Season.
2 Tbs. Sesame oil
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
Ginger 1 inch shredded
1 Fresh Garlic
2 Tbs. Fermented Chili Paste or ground paprika
1 Tbs. Coriander seeds, crushed
1 Tsp. Cumin seeds, crushed
3 Kaffir lime leaves, sliced
1 Can Organic Coconut Milk
2 Cans Organic Pumpkin or pressure cooked fresh pumpkin
1 Cup Broth-Of Your Choice
Splash of Thai Fish Sauce-I love the Red Boat Brand. (use coconut aminos or sea salt for Vegan option)
Garnish: Chopped Cilantro/ Basil and paprika
- In a sturdy stock pot, sauté the onion, garlic and ginger with the sesame oil until translucent.
- Add the Kaffir lime leaves, crushed cumin and coriander seeds.
- Add the broth and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, chili paste, fish sauce/coconut aminos, and coconut milk.
- Stir and let simmer until bubbly.
- Garnish and enjoy.